A common misconception with engineered wood flooring is that it is a cheaper option than solid wood or hard wood flooring. However, in some cases engineered wood flooring can be more expensive. Some of the benefits of engineered wood flooring include:
- More exotic species options
- More stable product: less chance of expansion and contraction, as well as warping and cupping.
- Still lends to the character and appeal of hard wood flooring
- Certain constructions of the engineered wood flooring can be done simply as a DIY
- Some manufacturers offer a thicker top layer to allow for refinishing, thus extending the life of the product
Engineered wood flooring species include maple, oak, hickory, walnut, ash, and cherry. Fence Row Furniture offers engineered wood flooring through Carlisle Wide Plank Floors, Somerset Hardwood Flooring, and Columbia Flooring Originals.
Engineered wood flooring offers more possibilities than solid wood or hard wood flooring through more species, as well as staining and texture options. Engineered wood flooring comes in various width options range from 2 ¼” – 10”.
If you would like more information on engineered wood flooring options or would like to place an order, please contact Fence Row Furniture by phone at 616-375-1150, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.